You may rave about a restaurant. And why do you rave? The Food. Cocktails. Ambiance. Service. Super cute waiter. That ONE dish on the menu.
Alas, 2010 is wrapping up & I have a penchant for making lists (bright yellow sticky notes are a girl’s best friend)… this one had to be done!
[Sidebar] One must always be prepared. To fill awkward silences. Make witty small talk. Entertain hrs of conversation. You know, if ever stuck in an elevator… on a double blind date… job interview… you see? Countless needs. So yes, I have my list ready.
And I’ll have you know that I tried (albeit half-heartedly) to narrow down to top 10. Silly conventions. Let’s make it a top 18 with a bonus list.
Below, you’ll find my most blathered about dishes in 2010. Any day, any time, anywhere.
Made up of the city’s finest*:
18. Enoteca Sociale: Grilled octopus
17. Le Select Bistro: Steak tartare
16. Guu: Salmon natto yukke
15. Burger’s Priest: Cheeseburger
14. WoodLot: Potato puree & bone marrow
13. Mildred’s Temple Kitchen: Profiteroles
12. Biff’s Bistro: Chicken liver parfait
11. O&B: Grilled calamari
10. Grace Upstairs (BBQ): Grilled lobster
9. Marben: Roasted beef
8. Black Hoof: Charcuterie
7. Tutti Matti: Beef carpaccio
6. C5: Corn salad
5. Cava: Foie gras
4. Scarpetta: Polenta with truffled mushrooms
3. Foxley: Black cod with truffle oil & asian greens
2. Luma: Burrata
1. Foxley: Arctic char ceviche (surprise!)
And these six are special. It’s like being asked to pick your favourite child. Impossible.
- WoodLot: Handcut pappardelle w. wild boar ragu
- Tutti Matti: Handcut pappardelle w. pulled beef brisket
- Mengrai Thai: Red curry w. lychee & pineapple
- SukhoThai: Red curry (gaeng phed)
- Nadege Patisserie: Salted caramel macaron
- Moroco Chocolat: Salted caramel macaron
For the past 12 months, have eaten my way through the city… with many friends, many bottles of vino, and many O MY! moments. Glorious fun. Pure unadulterated fun. So much fun, planning to do it again next year. Who’s joining? ;)
*Excluded – mama’s cooking. Y’all know why…homecooking is simply incomparable x